Sunday, 26 June 2011

Embarking on summer '11 lovin'...:)

"Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; and His greatness is unsearchable" Ps 145:3

The eagerly anticipated Summer 2011 has arrived! F. Scott Fitzgerald says: "I had the familiar conviction that summer was beginning all over again".:)  After a long and a tough exam season, I cannot but help but  be super enthuastic about what these two months of freedom will bring. God has been so good, so great, that I cannot comprehend His faithfulness towards me.  Summer is the season of laughter, ice cream, memories, road trips, Northern Irish 'sun',  friends and most importantly, learning more about God's amazing and endless characteristics as I seek to serve Him. Whether it is through a conversation with a stubborn twelve year old, a crowded tent at New Horizon, a catch-up with friends over a cup of tea or through the merry laugh and smile of a small child at CSSM, I want to have my heart broke for His Kingdom. I want the pieces of my heart to be used as shattered pieces of grace-to build me into a disciple!

 This summer, I yearn to catch a glimpse of what it truly means to know my Father with all my heart, mind, soul and strength. I guess it's time to shake off the 'cobwebs' of the dusty routine of knowing about God, but not actually knowing Him in my heart. It's time to listen this summer to His whispers in the frenzy. To sit in His presence, to dwell more in His word. To serve Him to show other people of the hope that He brings.
       This is my hope and heart desire for Summer 2011. As Mark Hawthorne wisely said at the Benone CSSM team meeting; "You can only bring people to meet Jesus as far are you have met Him." This is so true as I plan and prepare for the journey that July will bring. All glory goes to God! Will He strip away our pride as we serve Him. Let's stand speechless in wonder at the majesty of our Saviour this summer, sing of his love, and of that great price He paid. Let's be set apart in complete and utter devotion to our God. To follow Him, to be confident in the tasks that we will face, and to possess a truly authentic beauty that flows within.
       What a priviledge to be His child. What a priviledge to serve Him this summer. What a great and mighty Father.

Angus Buchan provides some wise words on my hopes for being stretched out of the comfort zone this summer;
"We need 'faith like potatoes'-plain, simple real faith that will sustain us in our everyday lived. That's the kind of faith I want. When we have faith and act on it, God will come through for us, no matter what our circumstances. He is risen. He is KING!"

Let's give our lives to love and follow Him this summer. Surrender our ambitions and plans into His hand...
  "Praise the name of the Lord, for HIs name alone is exalted; His majesty is abover earth and heaven."-Ps. 148:13

No comments:

Post a Comment